Friday, June 15, 2007

How To Install VMware Server On A Fedora 7 Desktop | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

VMware on Fedora-7 (F7)

I found the following reference useful when I installed VMware:
How To Install VMware Server On A Fedora 7 Desktop | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials
However, there still was a problem: After defining a new virtual machine I got this error message:

"Unable to change virtual machine power state. The "/usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx" process did not start properly...."

Any ideas what to do next????

================================
Later addition:
I think this is because the latest VMware is not ready yet for the advanced F7 and its latest kernel.
What it did was to fall back to CentOS5.

1 comment:

Eric said...

http://theregime.wordpress.com/2007/11/07/installing-vmware-server-in-fedora-7/

This is how I got it fully installed on fedora 7