The mysteries of Cellular Automata

I recently bought Stephen Wolfram's book "New Kind of Science". The book is interesting and I highly recommend it.
In the spirit of one of my favorite phrases by Confucius:
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand" I decided to reproduce some of the first examples that are given in the book. I wrote about 100 lines of Python code and enjoyed the beauty of the results.
The whole book is available online and I am referring here to the plots on page 55. Below enclosed a few of my plots.

Rule 25:


Rule 22:


Rule 30:


Rule 60:


Rule 73:


It is still a mystery for me the richness of the patterns that are produced from very simple interaction rules.
I would call it Social Networking by pixels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cellular Automata - Part II, Using Condor

[mpich-discuss] Errors while testing MPICH2 on Vista

The End of Grid Computing?