VPN over Cellular

I like my Nokia 6210 Navigator, I use it to connect securely via VPN to the Ben-Gurion University domain when I am out of office. Below are two pictures that show how it works.

I connect the phone via a USB cable (Bluetooth is also possible), then I use the Nokia PC-Suite to connect to the Internet while the mobile phone acts as a MODEM.

I then use the VPN (RSA SecurID) to connect to the campus.

IMG_1799_c1

IMG_1800

Two comments:

1) To make the test fully reliable the WiFi was completely switched-off using the airplane mode button located at the front of my T61 ThinkPad notebook.

2) I wrote this post using the new Microsoft Live Writer Beta – a multi-blog- editor which I find useful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cellular Automata - Part II, Using Condor

[mpich-discuss] Errors while testing MPICH2 on Vista

MPI.NET Tutorial